Friday, February 10, 2006

Star Market Theory

I no longer shop at Star Market. I've gone there probably 400-700 times over the past 20 years. So that's a fair number of visits - yes? Yes. Now every time I've gone there they have absolutely, completely, each and every time, required me to pay with either cash or plastic.

Never in all the times i have shopped there did they let me give them payment in some other form of equivalent value. I would like to give them freshly picked lettuce from a fictional garden of mine. I could make something like a craft kinda thing and then I could give them whatever equalled the value of the groceries purchased that day. They always seem to want money - payment. And they want it right away - not later that day - not later that week - RIGHT AWAY! Well they have a nerve.

For years startups have offered me stock instead of or in addition to cash. I would have loved to take it - maybe it would be worth something substantial one day - maybe not. And I would think about it each and every time. But - each time I ran into the Star Market obstacle - would they take stock to pay for the groceries? I knew the answer - NO!

SO when Star Market starts taking stock from me to pay for groceries - then I will take stock from the companies that offer it to me instead of cash. Now there's one more application of this so important theory. What it really means is that alternate forms of currency often and almost always just don't fly. And finally if love is what you're looking for squeezing your buttocks just won't work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home